Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Welcome to my blog

I am Loknath Swain, a co-founder of web based PR start-up from Mumbai, faydaa.com.We are two friend, me and Sourav Sarkar. We were working with international NGO Greenpeace in its Mumbai office and found urge to start something in the field of media and PR. I am MBA with a PG Diploma in Journalisim. I have worked extensively in media as a sub-editor, reporter etc. with media house like SAMABD(Oriya Daily), OTV( Bhubaneswar based TV channel), Orissa Today and Ajira Khabar (both DD news programme in DD-Bhubaneswar). My last job was with BAG Film as its stringer from Bhubaneswar to report for STAR NEWS. I had also a brief association with Times of India to write for its Orissa page under Rajaram Satapathy.I had also started my own develop news magazine CHARACHA in Oriya whch was closed after one issue.Sourav is a lawyer from West Bengal ad had met me Greenpeace Mumbai when he was working with me. He left to work for karmyoga.com and I later convinced him to join me to start faydaa.com . There is story behind my PR start up faydaa.com . I was given a profile to develop aa network among Mumbai corporates to have permission to enable Greenpeace fundraising team( in Greenpeace language Direct Dialogue team) to meet their employees in cafeterias or similar place to sign up them to donate to NGO in individual capacity to enable it self sustained. It was really frustrating when I was meeting HR people to ask for such permission. I planned faydaa.com , a web network to create a like minded network of corporate employees to help me in my work. Original plan was to report different sales promotion news in shopping mall, daily programme etc in my site to ensure traffics. My colleague Ms Neha Soni, MBA from ICFAI designed the first pages of the site in Greenpeace Mumbai office .Other collegue Ajit S Matta of Greenpaece helped us.It was a story of February 2005 . But I left the NGO to search for scope to work in the field of marketing communication, media, PR and corporate communication in September 2006. faydaa.com also went with me as my friend to give me scope to work in the area where I feel I can excel. I have started faydaa.com as I feel strongly that this is the field where stone can be gold if I touch. I am here just to do what I like to do.My first PR project was the visit of Rainbow Warrior to Paradip Port in Orissa in 1995. I had taken some job with Greenpeace reluctantly just to earn livelihood in Mumbai in July 1995. It 7th September 2005, I got a call from Sailendra Jaswant ( In Greenpeace he is known as SHA ), NGO's the then campaign director to meet him. I met him and he asked me to go to Orissa to coordinate the Rainbow Worrier visit. I took a Sahara flight on 12 September 2005 to Bhubaneswar from Mumbai . I had organised my first press conference independently in Hotel Meghdoot for Greenpeace where the international NGO declared the boat's Orissa visit. It was a success and it was covered by all mainstream newspaper of the country. My second press conference was really in Paradip on the Rainbow Worrier in December third week ( I have forgotten the date ). Press from Bhubaneswar traveled to Paradip to cover the visit. It was my second success. I have executed both of the event independently.
In Mumbai , I also managed one media activities of Greenpaece when the NGO was campaigning for a virtual march on whales issues in 2006 when developed countries including South Korea wanted to uplift the ban on whales killing. Newspapers including Afternoon, The Asian Age and Times of India covered it. Thanks to Greenpaece, I could test me on assignment on press relation. It gave me logic to think to go for a start up.

Loknath Swain
Co-Founder
faydaa.com, a Media and PR network
Mumbai
Mob:09833181107

No comments: